Role of Robotics in Manufacturing
Manufacturing has been evolved into automotive manufacturing using the domain of robotics. Robots are used in each and every part of the industry of manufacturing owing to its speed and accuracy. Robots are deployed in manufacturing sectors because of its automated supply chain across the world.
5 Robotic applications standing out in automated manufacturing
The collaborative robots are mainly deployed in manufacturing industries in order to work together and co-ordinate with other robots, in case of highly enormous assembly lines. Robots will automatically collaborate with other employees between handling and welding robots successful functioning of assembly lines.
The four types of collaborative robots are:
- Safety Monitored Stop: It is used for applications where minimal interaction between the robot and human workers are needed. It leverages an industrial robot where a series of sensors are used to stop the operation when a human enters the workplace.
- Speed and Separation: It is used for safety monitoring purposes. It uses an advanced vision system for human and robot separation.
- Power and Force Limiting: It uses a series of intelligent collision sensors to stop operation. It has collaborative robot arms, to reduce collision.
- Hand Guiding: It is equipped with a hand-guided device to control the motion of the robot during automatic mode using control input.
Professional painters to paint cars and other materials in a manufacturing industry is a complex task as it is a hard job and the chemicals used for painting is highly toxic for humans. As this task needs to be highly perfect and consistent over a large area of surface,robots are the best replacement for human painters as it saves time and cost by limiting the wastage.
These robots are used in manufacturing industries to produce attractive products with high quality ensured painting finish. Spray painting and coat paint can be done by automatic manufacturing robots to do the task of a continuous painting of surfaces.
Traditional welding processes done by humans have high risks though they follow protective measures like covering their face with shield and etc as anything is unpredictable. To reduce the risk for the welding process automatic welding application was introduced by using robots where the finished product is of high accuracy and the whole process gets completed shortly without delay.
Benefits of robotic welding for manufacturing automation are:
- High speed
- Good accuracy
- Brilliant consistency
- Ensured Safety
- Cost reduction
- Increased quality
- Reduces labor charge
- High flexibility and
- Reduced floor space
Though it is a smaller component like pumps and motors or heavily weighted and larger components like cars and trucks, and assembling robot finishes its tasks at a very high speed. Windshield installation and wheel mounting are the two frequently used mechanisms in automated industries by robots to increase the throughput of the whole process.
Robotic assembly systems are divided into three configurations namely:
- Six-axis articulated arms
- Four-axis “SCARA” robots and
- Modern “Delta” configuration.
Material removal processes like trimming and cutting require high consistency and repeatable functionality to achieve more perfection for material removal. This process combines the techniques of cutting fabrics and metals, trimming plastic moldings and materials, and die castings or polishing molds according to the need.