Overview of C:
Let’s have an overview of the C language:
C is a high-level language, which was developed by Dennis Ritchie in 1973 at Bell Laboratories to develop UNIX OS.
C is a widely used programming language due to various reasons:
- C is easy to learn.
- C is a general-purpose programming language .
- C is a highly efficient language.
- C is a structured language.
- Standard C programs are portable.
Points to Ponder :
- C was designed to be used in utility OS for a minicomputer.
- C came after B language which was launched in the early 1970s.
- UNIX OS is written completely in C.
- RDBMS MySQL are also written C.
Note: C programs are saved with a .c extension.