C++ is an object-oriented programming language. It provides a lot of features that are given below.
- Machine Independent or Portable: C++ programs can be executed on any computer thus it is machine independent.
- Mid-level programming language: C++ supports some features of high-level languages and some features of the low-level language, thus, it is considered a mid-level programming language.
- Structured programming language: C++ statements can be broken into functions and modules, thus they are easy to understand.
- Memory Management: C++ provides features of dynamic memory allocation.
- Fast Speed
- Compiler-based: In C++ first the source code is compiled and then it is executed, thus C++ is a compiler based programming language.
- Object-Oriented Programming Language: C++ is an object-oriented programming language, which makes it easy to understand and manage.
The Code written in C++ is always saved with a .cpp extension. Eg: Code.cpp is a C++ program